These No Bake Easter Egg Nests only use 5 ingredients and are healthier, using shredded wheat and natural peanut butter. They’re a quick, easy and delicious Easter dessert.
1 1/4 cup shredded wheat cereal
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup peanut butter chips or chocolate chips (if you prefer)
1 tsp coconut oil
1 package of chocolate Easter candy eggs
- In a large bowl combine coconut oil and chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips) and microwave on high heat for 1 minute. Check to see if they are melted, if not, stir and put back in microwave for 30 more seconds.
- While the chocolate is melting, smash 1 1/4 cup of shredded wheat cereal in a zip-lock bag (or use your hands, rolling pin or meat cleaver).
- After chocolate is melted, mix in peanut butter. Once combined, add in shredded wheat and mix until shredded wheat is coated in peanut butter/chocolate mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out nest contents into the mini muffin tin.
- Use the back of the scoop to press a small divet into the center of the nest. Place the chocolate candied eggs in the center and refrigerate to harden.
- Refrigerate until 10 minute prior to serving.
If you prefer an all peanut butter nest, swap out chocolate chips for peanut butter chips.
I have not tried using a regular sized muffin tin with this recipe, but I'm sure it would work. You would just have less nests.
I used a natural (aka drippy) peanut butter for these nests.
If you don't have chocolate candy eggs, M&M or chocolate chips would also work!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No Bake Easter Egg Nests, no bake easter egg nest, easter egg nests, shredded wheat easter egg nest