These fruit skewers with Rice Krispies® Cereal make a great appetizer and a fun way to get kids to eat fresh produce!
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups marshmallows ( I prefer mini but you can use standard size if thats all you can find)
- 1.5 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Assorted fruit: Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapes (washed and ready to eat)
- 10–15 skewers
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat until it becomes liquid. Do not let it burn, you want it to become a brown, toasted color.
- Add in marshmallows and melt down until it looks “bubbly.” This should take about a minute. Continue to stir so that no burning occurs.
- Add in Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal and turn off heat, keep stirring mixture with spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spray hands with cooking spray/oil and remove about a 2 tbsp of Rice Krispies® mixture and form into balls.
- Assemble the fruit skewers by placing fruit and Rice Krispies® balls onto skewer. Serve with decorative napkins and placemats for festive forth of July.
- Category: Appetizer, snack
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit skewers, kid friendly snack, Rice Krispie balls