These fruit skewers with Rice Krispies Treats™ make a great appetizer and a fun way to get kids to eat fresh produce!
This post has been sponsored by Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I can't believe we are already in June! I am loving this warmer weather and getting a chance to enjoy it before our little one comes! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!
Today, I've teamed up with Kellogg’s® and Stop & Shop to bring you these fruit skewers with Rice Krispies® Cereal. They are a fun way to get kids involved in the kitchen, while they are off of school.
You can find Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal at your local Stop & Shop store, and use the app or download the coupon to save $2 off fruit when you buy any 2 boxes of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® Cereal. Save from 6/19-7/9! They make the grocery shopping experience an ease (which we all need right now, right?)
You can also access the coupon here, digitally!
Ingredients for Fruit Skewers with Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Fruit: First, make sure the fruit is washed and ready to go! I bought a variety of red and blue fruit for the patriotic feel that comes with the fourth of July. Strawberries and blueberries are my go-to!
- Skewers: I used grilling skewers for this and made sure they didn't need to be washed beforehand!
- Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal: I bought one box for the recipe. Stop & Shop makes it easy to navigate the aisles and find products! Also, you will need a standard bag of mini (or regular size) marshmallows and just 1.5 tbsp of butter!
How to Make the Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal Balls
These Rice Krispies® Cereal balls come together in under 5 minutes! Literally!
On the stovetop, melt butter until it is liquid, be careful not to burn it! You want that toasty brown butter flavor.
Next, add in the marshmallows and let them melt down. After about a minute or two, add Rice Krispies® Cereal, stir and remove from heat.
Spray your hands with cooking spray/oil. Take out about two tablespoons or so of the Rice Krispies® Cereal mixture and form into balls. You will want to do this while the mixture is still warm!
Assemble the fruit skewer. Stack strawberries, blueberries and/or grapes on the skewer with the Rice Krispies® Cereal ball.
Get the kids involved in this activity! It will be something different for them to do without school.
1 batch of these Rice Krispies® Cereal balls makes about 12 balls.
Hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a star rating/review in the comments below! I love hearing substitutions used! It helps for future readers.
Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
These fruit skewers with Rice Krispies® Cereal make a great appetizer and a fun way to get kids to eat fresh produce!
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups marshmallows ( I prefer mini but you can use standard size if thats all you can find)
- 1.5 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal
- Assorted fruit: Strawberries, Blueberries, Grapes (washed and ready to eat)
- 10-15 skewers
- In a pot, melt butter over medium heat until it becomes liquid. Do not let it burn, you want it to become a brown, toasted color.
- Add in marshmallows and melt down until it looks "bubbly." This should take about a minute. Continue to stir so that no burning occurs.
- Add in Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® Cereal and turn off heat, keep stirring mixture with spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spray hands with cooking spray/oil and remove about a 2 tbsp of Rice Krispies® mixture and form into balls.
- Assemble the fruit skewers by placing fruit and Rice Krispies® balls onto skewer. Serve with decorative napkins and placemats for festive forth of July.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, snack
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fruit skewers, kid friendly snack, Rice Krispie balls