These gluten free lemon blueberry muffins are a perfect addition to a nice cup of coffee on a spring morning. Not to mention a stellar nutrition profile.
- 2 large eggs ((beaten))
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (regular vinegar will work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar on top (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a greased muffin pan
- Beat eggs and add maple syrup, vinegar, vanilla extract and avocado oil to a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in lemon zest and juice. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour ingredients into muffin pan filling about halfway to 3/4 full and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- This batter does not do well sitting in fridge overnight. I recommend baking them shortly after mixing.
- They are best stored in an air tight container at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 216
Keywords: gluten free lemon blueberry muffins