Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins make the perfect pairing with a cup of coffee on a Spring morning. Not to mention its stellar nutritional profile, low in sugar and full of healthy fats from almond flour.
Anyone else feeling like Spring will never come? Over here in Michigan we spring forward our clocks this weekend and I couldn't be more excited! Well not for the loss of sleep but because we are one step closer to Springtime! Nothing says Spring to me more than bright lemon blueberry muffins. These make the house smell amazing and are super soft and moist.
They are made with almond flour which for some of you, might be a new ingredient.
Nutritional Info for Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Low in LDL (aka the fat that forms cholesterol that has been linked to atherosclerosis and heart disease)
- High in Vitamin E (antioxidant ! Helps repair cells aka keeps skin looking younger)
- High in Monounsaturated fat (helps to reduce inflammation, muscle soreness and arthritis )
- Keeps you fuller for longer (our bodies take longer to digest fat so these muffins will help keep that hunger at bay)
I personally love the mouth texture/feel of almond flour. Check out my other baked goods with almond flour in them!
Hope you enjoy these gluten free lemon blueberry muffins !Print
These gluten free lemon blueberry muffins are a perfect addition to a nice cup of coffee on a spring morning. Not to mention a stellar nutrition profile.
- 2 large eggs ((beaten))
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar (regular vinegar will work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Sprinkle of coconut sugar on top (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 and prepare a greased muffin pan
- Beat eggs and add maple syrup, vinegar, vanilla extract and avocado oil to a small bowl.
- In a large bowl add almond flour, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in lemon zest and juice. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour ingredients into muffin pan filling about halfway to ¾ full and sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
- This batter does not do well sitting in fridge overnight. I recommend baking them shortly after mixing.
- They are best stored in an air tight container at room temperature for about 4-5 days.
- Category: Breakfast, Side Dish
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 216
Keywords: gluten free lemon blueberry muffins