This honey chipotle shrimp with cilantro lime rice is an easy dinner idea that is a tantalizing combination of sweet and spicy.
Honey Chipotle Shrimp
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined and tails off
- 2-3 chipotle peppers from can, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 lime
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (I used full fat)
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, minced
- sprinkle of salt (for water)
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Once cooked, allow to dry and add in cilantro and lime juice.
- While the rice is cooking, chop up chipotle peppers and add to a large bowl with honey, cumin, salt and adobo sauce. Mix to combine
- Make sure shrimp is dry (you can pat with a paper towel) and transfer shrimp to bowl with the chipotle honey mixture. Let it marinade for at least 5 minutes before dumping into a nonstick pan.
- Arrange shrimp in a single layer in pan, flip once and cook until the shrimp is curled up and no longer opaque. Make sure to bring the sauce to a simmer and bubbling.
- Turn heat down to medium/low and pour in coconut milk. Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve with cilantro lime rice or place in tacos. Spoon sauce overtop and squeeze fresh lime.
You can find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce in most grocery stores near the international foods.
If you like it spicy, use more peppers.
I used white rice but you can definitely use brown rice, couscous, long grain, wild or any other rice variety.
- Category: Dinner, lunch
- Method: saute
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chipotle shrimp, honey chipotle shrimp, cilantro lime rice, dairy free shrimp, creamy chipotle shrimp