This instant pot chicken soup is made with salsa verde for a little kick of heat. It’s gluten free, dairy free and so easy to make in the instant pot or slow cooker.
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil (avocado, olive, whatever you have will work)
- Scant salt and pepper
- 2 large chicken breasts (enough for 4 servings)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 4oz diced green chilies
- 1, 15oz can corn, drained
- 1, 15oz can northern white beans, with liquid
- 1 quart low sodium chicken broth
- Garnish: avocado slices, tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro
- Using the sauté function on the instant pot, place the onion, garlic and oil in the bottom. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the onion starts to become translucent. Season with scant salt and pepper.
- Place the remaining ingredients into the instant pot. Place the lid on the instant pot and turn the valve to sealing. Set the function to manual for 12 minutes.
- Once the 12 minutes is up, carefully turn the valve to venting to release steam. Open the lid and remove the chicken breasts using tongs. Shred the chicken breasts using forks or a kitchen aid mixer. Place the shredded chicken back into the instant pot to combine. Serve in a bowl with sliced avocado, crushed up tortilla chips and cilantro on top.
Slow Cooker: Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. Shred the chicken when it’s finished cooking and place it back into the crockpot. Serve as desired.
If you are freezing, wait until the soup has completely cooled and transfer it to a plastic zip-lock bag.
- Category: soup
- Method: boiling, sautéing
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: instant pot chicken soup, instant pot salsa verde chicken soup, instant pot chicken soup recipe, instant pot salsa verde chicken soup recipe