This recipe for Instant Pot Chickpea Chicken Curry contains chickpeas, curry, chicken, light coconut milk and rice. It takes 15 minutes in an instant pot and is a great Indian dish.
2-3 large chicken breasts
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 heads of broccoli florets
1 cup long whole grain brown rice
1 cup water
2, 13 oz cans light coconut milk
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
3 tsp brown sugar
2 1/2 tbsp curry
1 tsp red pepper flakes
Zest of half a lemon
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1, 15 oz can of chickpeas
- Add chicken, bell pepper, broccoli, rice and water to chamber of instant pot and mix to combine.
- Add in coconut milk and spice. Add half a zest of lemon and salt. Mix until spices are well incorporated.
- Secure instant pot lid and make sure the valve on top is turned to sealing.
- Manual button then increase time until 15 minutes shows. The instant pot will beep and begin to build pressure.
- After 15 minutes is complete, turn valve to venting and allow instant pot to release pressure.
- Remove lid and take chicken breast out to be shredded.
- Add chicken back into instant pot and add in drained chickpeas.
Stores up to 1 week in refrigerator or freezes for up to 1 year.
Crockpot: Add all ingredients, except the chickpeas, to crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low and slow for 8 hours. The chicken should be very tender and easily shred.
I buy my chicken from Costco, so their chicken breasts are pretty big. The easiest way to shred chicken is in the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer, saves so much time!
I love Thai Kitchen Lite Coconut milk, it has a smoother and more creamy texture than other brands.
If you are vegetarian, omit the chicken.
Keywords: Instant pot chickpea chicken curry, instant pot curry, instant pot chicken curry