These Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are made with ground turkey and quinoa making them a low carb dinner choice.
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 bell peppers, tops cut off and insides hollowed out
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup corn
2, 10oz can enchilada sauce
Optional toppings: shredded colby jack cheese, avocado, scallions, cilantro, lime and sour cream
- Place turkey in instant pot on sauté setting. Add chili powder, salt, ground pepper, cumin, garlic and onion powder to the ground meat.
- While the turkey is cooking, cut off the tops of the peppers and hollow out the inside of each pepper.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, pull out chamber of the instant pot and drain out the grease from the turkey with a lid or the back of a spoon.
- Place meat in a large bowl and mix in corn, quinoa and 1.5 cans of the enchilada sauce. Mix to combine.
- Return the pot to the chamber of the instant pot. Nest the peppers in the instant pot until they all fit. An 8 quart instant pot should fit 6 peppers.
- Fill each pepper with turkey & quinoa mixture. Top each pepper with remaining enchilada sauce until the rest of the can is used.
- Press the manual function then set the time to 10 minutes. Cover and make sure the valve is set to SEALING.
- When the instant pot is finished cooking, it will beep. Turn the valve to VENTING and place a dish towel over it to avoid the steam. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper and place lid back on the instant pot to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
No instant pot: Cook meat and quinoa prior to baking. Stuff peppers and bake in oven at 400F for 25 minutes. Add cheese and cook for another 4 minutes.
Vegetarian: Swap out turkey for black beans!
Keywords: Instant pot stuffed peppers, instant pot stuffed pepper recipe, instant pot stuffed pepper with turkey and quinoa