These Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are made with ground turkey and quinoa making them a low carb dinner choice. Vegetarian? No problem, just swap the turkey for some black beans.
Don’t have an instant pot? Not a problem. Vegetarian? No worries. Check the notes below the recipe for both of these substitutions.
When I think stuffed peppers, I think quick and easy. These instant pot stuffed peppers with turkey are no joke. Dinner in one pot? I’m in. If you are on the fence about purchasing an instant pot, check out this post where I discussed the pros and cons!
How to Make Stuffed Peppers in an Instant Pot
Cook ground meat using the sauté function on the instant pot. After it’s cooked, remove it from the pot and transfer it to a large bowl. I like to drain out the grease before I do this.
Once the meat is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Arrange the hollowed out peppers in the instant pot. You will end up with one of the six peppers on top in the middle, that’s okay.
Next, fill up the peppers with the meat and quinoa filling. Then push the pressure cook or manual function on your instant pot and set it for 10 minutes, making sure the valve is set to sealing. Then wait 🙂
I love to top mine with some shredded colby jack cheese, avocado and scallions for a good crunch!
The serving size is one pepper, which has about 20 grams of protein. If you are a vegetarian, just swap out the turkey for black beans. Not only do black beans add protein and fiber, but also molybdenum, folate and fiber.
More nutritional information is listed below the recipe. It doesn’t always show up on google chrome, so if you want to know and don’t see it, try switching to a different browser.Print
These Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers are made with ground turkey and quinoa making them a low carb dinner choice.
1 lb ground turkey
1 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
6 bell peppers, tops cut off and insides hollowed out
1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup corn
2, 10oz can enchilada sauce
Optional toppings: shredded colby jack cheese, avocado, scallions, cilantro, lime and sour cream
- Place turkey in instant pot on sauté setting. Add chili powder, salt, ground pepper, cumin, garlic and onion powder to the ground meat.
- While the turkey is cooking, cut off the tops of the peppers and hollow out the inside of each pepper.
- Once the turkey is fully cooked, pull out chamber of the instant pot and drain out the grease from the turkey with a lid or the back of a spoon.
- Place meat in a large bowl and mix in corn, quinoa and 1.5 cans of the enchilada sauce. Mix to combine.
- Return the pot to the chamber of the instant pot. Nest the peppers in the instant pot until they all fit. An 8 quart instant pot should fit 6 peppers.
- Fill each pepper with turkey & quinoa mixture. Top each pepper with remaining enchilada sauce until the rest of the can is used.
- Press the manual function then set the time to 10 minutes. Cover and make sure the valve is set to SEALING.
- When the instant pot is finished cooking, it will beep. Turn the valve to VENTING and place a dish towel over it to avoid the steam. Sprinkle cheese on top of each pepper and place lid back on the instant pot to melt the cheese. Enjoy!
No instant pot: Cook meat and quinoa prior to baking. Stuff peppers and bake in oven at 400F for 25 minutes. Add cheese and cook for another 4 minutes.
Vegetarian: Swap out turkey for black beans!
Keywords: Instant pot stuffed peppers, instant pot stuffed pepper recipe, instant pot stuffed pepper with turkey and quinoa
This recipe was part of a collaboration including 11 other easy meal prep recipes.
- Mushroom Risotto via Julia Recipes
- Broccoli Cheese Quiche & Sweet Potato Hash via Slice of Honey
- Red Lentil Tamarind and Tomato Soup via Cuisine d’Eli
- Vegan Meal Prep Chili via Holistic Hormone Help
- Pumpkin, Ricotta and Sage Pasta Shells via It’s Not Complicated
- Instant Pot Ropa Vieja via Hangry White Male
- Thai Chicken Green Curry Meal Prep via Blogtastic Food
- Easy Mexican Lasagna via Real Food Happy Home
- Garlic Shrimp Skillet with Bulgar via Healthy Laura
- Meal Prep Mini Frittatas via 31 Daily