These lettuce wraps with a savory peanut sauce can be made in under 30 minutes. They're packed with protein and will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken
- 2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 4 ounces(~1/2 cup) (or half a can) water chestnuts, chopped
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 1 bell pepper, sliced thin into strips
- 1-2 stalks green onions, chopped
- Garnish: Lime, sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce (coconut aminos if GF)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
- 2 tsp fresh ginger zested (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp honey (can sub agave nectar)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4-1/2 cup water to thin as desired
- In a nonstick pan, place ground turkey over medium high heat and break into small pieces using a wooden spoon. Optional to pour 2 tsp of sesame oil in pan while the meat cooks. Place a lid on the pan to cook the turkey faster. Be sure to check on the ground turkey every couple minutes to ensure the bottom doesn't burn. Keep breaking the meat up into small pieces, similar to taco meat.
- While the meat is cooking, place all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add more or less water depending on how thick you want the sauce.
- After the meat has finished cooking, add in 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts to the meat. Mix to combine.
- Begin to assemble the lettuce wraps by placing the meat mixture inside of a lettuce cup with a drizzle of sauce and a slice of bell pepper. Top with chopped scallions, fresh lime juice and and sesame seeds
- If GF, use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce
- Sub 2 tsp fresh grated ginger for 1 tsp dried ginger
- Category: Dinner, entree
- Method: Saute
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: lettuce wraps with peanut sauce, peanut sauce, 30 minute meals, ground turkey lettuce wraps, asian lettuce wraps