This easy Mexican corn dip (aka elote dip) is so easy to make with canned corn and just a few ingredients! Whip this dip up for your next party or tailgate!
- 1/2 cup sour cream (can sub plain greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 cans of corn, rinsed and drained
- In the bottom of a large bowl whisk the sour cream, cotija, onion, cilantro spices and lime together.
- Pour in rinsed and drained canned corn and fold it into the sauce.
- Top with more cotija crumbles, cilantro and squeeze of fresh lime.
Can use frozen corn if you don't have canned corn. Even better to use corn freshly cut off the cob after cooking.
If you don't have fresh cilantro, just omit rather than using dried.
Can swap in same amount of plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream if you wanted.
If you don't have a red onion, yellow or white onion will work.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, side dish
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: Mexican corn dip, elote dip, elote, Mexican street corn dip