These chewy oatmeal raisin cookies are a classic at my parents’ house. They are made with oatmeal and honey and I’ve also been known to toss in some walnuts!
- 1 egg (or 1 flax egg) whisked
- 1/2 cup butter (can sub 1/2 cup coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F, prepare a greased cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and combine butter, brown sugar, honey and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Mix in raisins and walnuts (optional).
- Scoop cookies on greased cookie sheet and place in oven at 375F for 10 minutes.
See above for substitutions.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Oatmeal raisin cookies, oatmeal cookies, oatmeal raisin cookie recipe