This fresh and healthy shrimp salad is a nutritious lunch idea or light weeknight dinner. The creaminess of the avocado, sweetness of the corn and saltiness of the feta really tie all the flavors of this summery salad together.
- 1 lb shrimp, thawed, raw and tails off
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (can use 1/4 tsp garlic powder)
- 1/2 can of corn, rinsed and drained (or about 1 cup fresh)
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup red onions, diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- Garnish with freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Cook shrimp in olive oil and garlic over medium high heat. Flip once to ensure even cooking on both sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk the ingredients for the dressing together.
- Add in remaining ingredients for the salad and toss in cooked shrimp.
- Serve immediately.
Best if consumed day of due to the avocado and dressing already on the salad.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad, entree
- Method: Assemble, saute
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: shrimp salad, shrimp salad recipe