This Steak Panzanella Salad recipe embodies the flavors of summer with avocados, tomatoes, garlic and basil. The dressing is a medley of lemon, red wine vinegar, olive oil and basil that gets tossed in with spinach, cucumber and sourdough croutons.
- Sourdough or Ciabatta bread, pulled apart or cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Option to sprinkle of parmesan on top for extra deliciousness
- 1 pound of flank steak
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1/4 Low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 pint of tomatoes, quartered
- 1 english cucumber, quartered
- 8 oz baby spinach or arugula
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Make marinade and marinate the steak, set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 and begin to make the croutons. Place cut up bread pieces on a sheet pan, drizzle with EVOO, garlic powder and salt/pepper to taste.
- When oven is done preheating, cook croutons for 15 minutes. The croutons will be done when they begin to turn a golden brown color and should crunch when tapped with a spatula.
- In a large bowl combine the garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon and basil. Whisk to combine and add in cherry tomatoes to merry the flavors while the steak cooks.
- Grill steak for 6-8 minutes on each side or cook until desired temperature.
- Add the cucumber, croutons, spinach and parmesan cheese to the large bowl with the tomatoes. Lightly toss to coat. Top with diced avocado and serve with steak.
- Top with additional basil, parmesan cheese and croutons as you wish! Enjoy!
Croutons: If the bread is stale or if the sheet pan your cooking on is dark, the bread will cook faster.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Steak Panzanella Salad recipe, steak panzanella salad, panzanella salad