This strawberry chocolate bread pairs perfectly with a morning cup of coffee on a lazy Sunday morning.
- 1.5 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks + more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare a greased bread loaf pan.
- In a large bowl combine white whole wheat flour, baking powder and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together and add in greek yogurt, sugar, vanilla and coconut oil. Mix together well until ingredients are incorporated.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until homogenous. Add in strawberries and chocolate chips or chunks.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan and cook at 350F for 55 minutes or until a toothpick runs clear in the middle.
- Let it sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing and consuming.
If you want to use all purpose flour instead of white whole wheat, you can use the same amount. 1:1 ratio.
If you wanted to substitute whole wheat flour for the white whole wheat you can use the same amount, 1:1 ratio.
Canola oil or avocado oil can be substituted for coconut oil.
I have not tried this recipe using honey or maple syrup instead of sugar. If you do, please let me know how it went in the comments below!
- Category: Dessert, breakfast, snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: strawberry bread, strawberry chocolate bread