This summery fruit salad is great for a summer party, bbq or potluck. Every bite is like you are tasting summer with the fresh honey basil dressing that coats each piece of fruit and marinates them with even more flavor.
- 1/4 cup honey (can sub agave nectar)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (or ~2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced (about 6-8 leaves)
- 4 small kiwis, cut into segments
- 1 lb strawberries, sliced
- 1 melon, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 pints of blueberries
- Cut and wash the fruit.
- Mix the honey, basil and lemon juice in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Place the fruit in the bowl and gently toss with a spatula to combine.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes, or serve immediately. If you are prepping the night before, do not add in the strawberries. They do not keep well in salad overnight.
- If you wanted to swap out the fruit for different kinds of fruit like pineapple, peaches, other hard melon- these will work.
- I would not recommend raspberries, watermelon or any other fruit that wouldn't "hold shape well" or contribute more liquid to the salad.
- Category: side dish, salad
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: american
Keywords: fruit salad, summer fruit salad, honey basil dressing, fruit salad recipe, easy fruit salad