This strawberry farro salad is an easy summer salad and quick lunch idea that is full of plant based protein and fiber.
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, cut in half (can sub raisins)
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2–3 tbsp EVOO
- Garnish: basil leaves (optional)
- Cook 1/2 cup farro according to package instructions. Drain and rinse, set aside.
- Add cucumber, strawberries, dried cherries, lemon, salt and olive oil in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Crumble feta on top and gently toss to incorporate.
- Add in the farro to the salad mixture. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves if desired.
1/2 cup uncooked farro will yield about 1.5 cups cooked farro.
If you do not have dried cherries you can sub cranberries, raisins or chopped dates.
This recipe would also be great with some sliced avocado on top!
- Category: salad
- Method: assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: farro salad, farro recipes, strawberry farro salad