This taco salad meal prep bowl recipe takes under 30 minutes to make and is packed with protein and fiber.
- 1–1.5 lbs ground turkey
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 pint of tomatoes, quartered
- 3 multi-colored bell peppers, diced
- 1–2 avocados, diced
- 5 small handfuls of tortilla chips (GF variety if needed)
- Garnish: lime and cilantro
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup yogurt, greek and plain (dairy free variety as needed)
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cook ground turkey in a saute pan and mix in taco seasoning packet. Add 1/4 cup water to make it a slurry. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients for the cilantro lime dressing. Blend until smooth.
- Equally portion out ingredients in 5 Tupperware containers for 5 meals. Store the dressing in a separate container to prevent salad from getting soggy. Store the tortilla chips in a separate bag as well. Prior to serving, crush up the tortilla chips and place them on top. Pour 2 tbsp of the cilantro lime dressing over top the salad and serve immediately. Garnish with lime and cilantro.
To prevent the diced avocado from browning, squeeze a bit of lime over them.
Keywords: taco salad, taco salad recipe, taco salad meal prep bowls, taco salad bowls, taco salad with tortilla chips, healthy taco salad