This Mediterranean cauliflower salad is filled with plant protein and flavors of dates, feta, almonds, cinnamon and tahini. The lemon tahini dressing has a slight spicy note that pairs well with the warm cinnamon flavors of the cauliflower.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed
- 2 tbsp EVOO or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 8 dates, pitted & chopped
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 4 big handfuls of spinach, chopped
- garnish: cracked black pepper and squeeze of lemon
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp EVOO
- Cracked pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400F and prepare sheet pan for roasting cauliflower.
- Remove stem from the head of the cauliflower and chop into florets. Place cauliflower on the sheet pan and drizzle with 1-2 tbsp EVOO or avocado oil. Add cinnamon and toss to coat until each cauliflower floret has cinnamon on it.
- Bake the sheet pan for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Once it’s finished cooking, set it aside.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, mix ingredients together for lemon tahini dressing. You can do this in a blender or immersion hand blender until smooth.
- Assemble the salad by combining a fourth of all ingredients in a bowl as this recipe serves four. Drizzle with lemon tahini dressing and garnish with a squeeze of lemon or black pepper as desired.
You can add spiced chickpeas, black lentils or tofu for added protein.
This salad can be served hot or cold.
Option to sub arugula for spinach.
Option to sub almond turmeric dressing for lemon tahini dressing.
- Category: Salad, Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarian
- Method: Roasting, Assemble
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: Mediterranean cauliflower salad, cauliflower salad recipe, quinoa cauliflower salad, roasted cauliflower salad, healthy cauliflower salad