This Almond Turmeric Dressing is a beautiful blend of turmeric, ginger, lemon and almonds makes the perfect dressing to put on just about anything. I fell in love with Trader Joe's and had to make a copycat version.
I literally cannot get enough.
First off, I want to applaud Trader Joe's on this amazing product. I can honestly say I've bought 3-4 bottles in the past 2 months because I've been putting it on everyythannng. As you know with Trader Joe's (and Costco at times) you fall in love with a product and then, poof! GONE. Just like that. They rip it from the shelves and we never see it again.
You ask them "what happened?!?!" Then simply tell you " Oh that was a seasonal item" with the friendliest of smiles.
Well, no thank you sir. I want my item back in stock. Fear not!
Ingredients in Almond Turmeric Dressing
Lets talk about how perfect this is for a second...
- THE TURMERIC: which we all know is on the RAGE right now in the culinary world. Partly because people are catching on to its health benefits including a compound called curcumin ( which studies shown to help prevent alzheimer's, cancer and improve brain function).
- THE GINGER: Aromatic, pungent and spicy. It helps protect you immune system and is perfect for stir-frys, grain bowls, salads, eggs.
- THE LEMON: gives this dressing another element; bold and bright.
- THE ALMONDS: Almonds give this dressing life! They provide the creamy texture that really allows it to hold up well in a salad.
Whatever you do- don't forget the cracked black pepper- it helps with the absorption of turmeric.
So here you go folks. The creamiest, bright, beautiful blend of turmeric, ginger, lemons and almonds.Print
A beautiful blend of turmeric, ginger, lemon and almonds makes the perfect dressing to put on just about anything.
- 3.5 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ginger puree
- 1 ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ tsp sugar (I used white)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients and whisk to combine.
I used white sugar. I have not tried any other substitute, if you do try another sugar please comment below and let me know how it went!
You can add more water as needed if you want to thin it out.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dressing, Sauce
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: Indian American
Keywords: Almond Turmeric Dressing, Trader joes almond turmeric dressing
If you love the dressing don't forget to check out this amazing 5 minute avocado green goddess dressing!