Lately I have been obsessed with quick and easy meals and this 5-ingredient healthy chicken salad is a great addition! If you haven’t checked out my Instagram page, I posted an easy scallop recipe and a coconut curry chicken picture that I made last week.
Getting back to this 5-ingredient healthy chicken salad, I feel like chicken salad gets a bad rap. Most of the time it is swimming in mayo inside a deli counter with god knows how many hands in and out of the bowl. This doesn’t exactly sound appealing. I’ve also tried to make chicken salad healthy for years using greek yogurt… it just doesn’t taste the same for me.
For this recipe I stuck with my roots and it is made with mayo, however normal mayo doesn’t sit well with me. So, knowing that avocado mayo is made with minimal ingredients that are wholesome and free of chemicals, fillers and synthetic materials, SIGN ME UP. Thank you Chosen foods for producing this Avocado Mayo. (affiliate)
This 5-ingredient healthy chicken salad is super easy and can be made in probably about 5 minutes (if you know your way around a rotisserie chicken). BTW- Costco has a rotisserie chicken for $5.00! Cheapest-I-ever-did-see! Plus, it’s huge.
5-Ingredient Healthy Chicken Salad Three Ways
Simple and oh so versatile !
- Dip: When you’re at work and just want a nice crunch with your lunch or perhaps when you’re entertaining some guests at home.
- Sammy: When you have bread from your local bakery hanging out on your kitchen counter. It’s hot and humid and would hate for that bread to go bad, go with a sandwich (any sourdough lovers out there?!).
- Lettuce cup: When you have girlfriends over and just want something light and fun to accompany your numerous appetizers or glasses of wine, go with the lettuce cups.
My favorite way to each this salad is with some crackers. Sean loves to eat it out of a bowl or on a sandwich. Lately, we have been craving cold sandwiches. Do you guys ever go on spurts with certain foods? Sometimes, I want spaghetti and meatballs all day everyday and other times, I want a turkey salad.
Don’t forget to tell me how you like this recipe and share on social media channels by #mealswithmaggie or by tagging me! If you love this chicken salad recipe check out my buffalo quinoa chicken salad, healthy ginger sesame chicken or my lightened up chicken Alfredo with sun-dried tomatoes!Print
5-ingredient healthy chicken salad that can be eaten multiple ways! So easy, satisfying and perfect for any occasion! A great blend of crunchy and creamy with a touch of sweetness from dried cherries. | Mealswithmaggie.com
- 3 cups chicken breast ( cubed or shredded)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Mix everything in a bowl and enjoy with crackers, lettuce cups or on a sandwich !
Keywords: 5-ingredient healthy chicken salad, healthy chicken salad, 5-ingredients or less