The combination of peanut butter and apples is a classic combination. Enjoy this hot apple cider peanut butter whiskey drink on a crisp fall afternoon as a delightful treat.
Since moving to our new house, we've been taking some cocktails on our nightly walk around the neighborhood. I've been making this hot peanut butter apple cider cocktail for us and it's sooo tasty.
I love this recipe mainly because a hot alcoholic drink is always intriguing when the temps get below 60. Sean has really been getting into whiskey drinks lately, so this is a drink that we can both enjoy.
Peanut Butter Whiskey
If you guys haven't tried peanut butter whiskey yet, what are you waiting for?!
I don't even like whiskey, but this skrewball peanut butter whiskey is no joke!
Here are a couple brands that I found at my local Meijer for peanut butter whiskey:
Skrewball was the first brand on the market and, to be honest, I think it is superior as well. Apparently the inventors of Skrewball live in Southern California and owned a bar where one of the shots was whiskey and peanut butter. People liked it so much they decided to make it a business and here we are.
So many people ask me...what does it taste like?
Honestly, it tastes like peanuts. It smells like peanuts. IT'S SO GOOD.
If I haven't convinced you to try it yet, you should try it in a peanut butter and jelly cocktail.
Garnish the Rim
To give this drink a little more jazz, I decided to put a peanut butter and cinnamon brown sugar rim on the glass.
It's such an easy technique that will really impress guests and it looks realllllly pretty.
Simply just dip the glass in the peanut butter first (creamy peanut butter is preferred), then dip in cinnamon brown sugar.
How to Make
To make this peanut butter apple cider drink you will first need to warm up the apple cider. Pour however much cider you will need for the drinks (¾ cup= ~1 drink).
Turn the heat on low. This is important as you don't want to bring it to a boil, because the apple cider will start to denature and separate. Just leave it on low for about 3-4 minutes to heat up slowly. Add in 2 cinnamon sticks (if you have them) to amp up the flavor.
Dress the rim of your glass with the creamy peanut butter and cinnamon brown sugar. Then pour a shot of peanut butter whiskey in your drink glass.
Slowly pour the hot apple cider over the whiskey and serve with an apple slice or cinnamon stick.
Hope you love this recipe!! Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
Enjoy this hot apple cider peanut butter whiskey drink on a crisp fall afternoon as a delightful treat.
- 1 quart apple cider
- 4 shots peanut butter whiskey
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Pour apple cider in a pot and turn heat down to low. Optional to add in 2 cinnamon sticks. Heat for 3-4 minutes or until apple cider is hot. Do not bring to a boil.
- Pour the peanut butter onto a flat surface that you will be able to place the rim of the drink glass on.
- Pour the brown sugar and ground cinnamon on a separate flat surface that you will be able to place the rim of a drink glass on.
- Take the drinking glass and dip the rim in the peanut butter and then in the cinnamon brown sugar.
- Pour a shot of whiskey in the bottom of the drink glass. Then slowly pour the hot apple cider over it.
- Optional to serve with a slice of apple and cinnamon stick. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Assemble
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter whiskey, hot apple cider drink, skrewball peanut butter whiskey, peanut butter whiskey drinks