When I used to think of Spring I thought of bunnies and jelly beans.
Now, I think CARROT CAKE BREAD PUDDING!
You guys, this bread pudding is amazing and it will make your whole house smell like orange-carrot-vanilla heaven.
I’ve never made bread pudding before so this recipe was new to me. I wanted something sweet to serve for brunch at my parent’s house that wasn’t completely unhealthy and still provided some good nutritional value.
For this recipe, I used Trader Joe’s Sprouted 7-grain bread. Alternatively you could use another whole grain/wheat bread but I always tell people to make sure it has at least 3g of dietary fiber per slice so you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
Can we just talk about how this tastes for a second…
- The bread is so moist and soft it almost melts in your mouth
- The subtle taste of nuttiness with orange zing too will make your heart sing
- The raisins give a pop of sweetness without being overpowering
And the vanilla glaze… the perfect ending to really make it ‘bread pudding.’
Make this recipe a go-to for your Easter brunch! It’s quick and easy and can be prepped the night before. Giving you 5 grams of protein per serving and 2 grams of dietary fiber keeping you full and satisfied.
Just the way I like to feel after brunch.Print
The perfect ending to a spring brunch that provides high protein and fiber to help keep your guests full and satisfied | mealswithmaggie.com
- 1 cup egg whites (About 8 egg whites)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 6 cups cubed bread (I used Trader Joe’s Sprouted 7-grain )
- 3 large carrots (shredded)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup neufchâtel cheese
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- Combine the egg whites through almond extract and whisk together in a large bowl.
- Add in cubed bread and carrots. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts and pour mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- While the bread pudding is in the oven. Prepare the glaze by combining powdered sugar, neufchâtel cheese, orange juice and vanilla extract. Beat to combine or until mixture has no clumps.
- Pour glaze over bread pudding once baking is complete
If you prefer a thicker glaze, option to use 1 cup of the neufchâtel cheese.
Keywords: Healthier Carrot Cake Bread Pudding