This healthy spinach artichoke dip only contains five ingredients! It's super easy to make, prepare and travel with. Naturally gluten free and can be made in only one dish!
Summer isn't officially over, but it does feel like it with the cooler temps, school starting and football being back! You guys got so excited when I posted these buffalo chicken wontons that I had to do another tailgating recipe. Enter healthy spinach artichoke dip. Did I mention it was only 5 ingredients? Oh that's in the title. Well, yep I tried to make this one easy for you guys since most of the time we are all scrambling to find something to bring to a tailgate or to watch a game at a friend's house. This healthy spinach artichoke dip could not be any simpler.
I wanted to make note, this feeds a lot of people. So if you are only going to a party with 5-10 people maybe you want to cut this recipe in half.
Yes, you guessed it. Spinach artichoke dip with yogurt. That's the ingredient to make this healthy spinach artichoke dip *healthier,* although I would say that the neufchâtel cheese does help in this too! Much lower in fat than regular cream cheese and tastes the exact same to me!
- Yogurt: Plain, greek 0% fat yogurt. You know the drill. But it's 100% OK if you want to do 2% yogurt.
- Shallot: My cousin gets so mad at me when I use shallots in recipes, but you can find it at any grocery store! Just look next to the garlic or onions. It goes well in this healthy spinach artichoke dip recipe.
- Spinach: I'm using fresh, but frozen is okay too! Just make sure to decrease the amount since frozen is generally more dense.
- Artichokes: I used canned artichokes and drained the brine. Roughly slice up the artichokes if you bought them in the can as whole.
- Neufchatel cheese: You can find this right next to the cream cheese!
Can you make this spinach artichoke dip in a crockpot?
Yep! Throw everything in a slow cooker on high heat for about an hour or two and you should be good to go! Just make sure to stir it every now and then.
Can this spinach artichoke dip be served hot or cold?
I think it's best served hot. The cream cheese can harden a bit when it's cold and it tastes more cheesy than spinach artichoke-y.
I served this dip with pita chips but tortilla chips, pretzels, carrots, celery - really any scooping vessel will do!Print
This healthy spinach artichoke dip contains only five ingredients! It's super easy to make, prepare and travel with. It's also naturally gluten free and can be made in only one dish!
- 2 bricks (or 16 ounces) neufchâtel cheese, softened (see notes)
- 2.5 cups of canned artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach, chopped and packed
- ½ cup shallot, diced (see notes)
- 1 cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
If you want to get fancy, put some parmesan and/or mozzarella cheese on top for the final 5 minutes of cooking and set the oven to broil.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine everything in a casserole dish and cook for 15-18 minutes. Stir before serving and enjoy!
If you don't have a shallot, you can use an onion with 2-3 cloves of garlic.
I always buy the neufchâtel cheese because it's lower in fat and doesn't compromise the flavor! They have it at most grocery stores next to the regular cream cheese. Pop it in the microwave to soften it up a bit.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Spinach artichoke dip, healthy spinach artichoke dip, 5-ingredient spinach artichoke dip, easy spinach artichoke dip