This basil blueberry cocktail is a refreshing light drink that you could sip all summer long.
It took me a few years, but I’ve figured out my favorite kind of a drink. Any sort of fruity seltzer/cocktail, like this strawberry thyme cocktail. I like a good fruity beer every now and then, but I mostly stick to anything with club soda.
I’m curious, what is your favorite kind of cocktail drink? I see so many people on social media during this time making drinks from home and tequila always seems to be a front runner lol.
Is it Healthy?
This boozy basil blueberry cocktail is a light drink that is friendly on the waistline. If you are into counting calories the whole drink is only 100 calories.
I made it optional to add a pinch of sugar to it based on personal preference. The fresh blueberries do an amazing job at sweetening up the drink without adding anything artificial and give a boost of antioxidants too!
FYI when I shot this recipe, I used water in place of vodka because I needed to make it a mocktail 😂
How to Make
You don’t need a fancy mortar and pestle for this recipe. You could toss everything in one of these pretty wreck jars from Williams Sonoma and shake until the lime and blueberries break down.
Mason or Ball jars with lids would work too.
- Place all ingredients but the club soda in a glass, mason/wreck jar or cocktail shaker.
- Crush the blueberries and squeeze the lime juice from the lime to integrate with the liquor.
- If you have a jar/glass with a lid, shake with ice.
- Pour ingredients over ice in serving glass and top with club soda.
- Garnish with a fresh lime, blueberries and basil as desired
- Liquor of choice: I find that vodka or gin works best.
- Club Soda
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Basil leaves
- If you don’t have basil, mint is a great alternative.
- Cucumber slices can be swapped out for blueberries, but you may want to add a little pinch of sugar or simple syrup to sweeten up the drink (if you want!)
- You could also buy flavored club soda if you don’t have blueberries on hand.
- Lemon will work instead of lime.
Hope you guys are doing well, enjoying the weather and your summers!
If you love this recipe as much as I do, please leave a star rating/review below! It helps me get noticed in this big internet world!
Don’t forget to PIN IT for later!
This basil blueberry cocktail is a refreshing light drink that you could sip all summer long. It’s light and only 100 calories!
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 shots of vodka or gin
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 5–6 basil leaves, stemmed and whole
- Club soda
- Pinch of sugar (optional)
- Place lime, blueberries, basil and liquor in a jar, glass or cocktail shaker.
- Gently muddle or crush the ingredients together to let the juices and basil mingle together.
- Pour the ingredients over ice in a serving glass. Top with club soda.
See above list for substitutions.
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Mix
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberry cocktail, blueberry drink, basil cocktail, blueberry basil cocktail, skinny cocktail