This instant pot buffalo chicken dip is great for tailgates, parties and a healthy alternative the ranch heavy version. I've added cauliflower and canned corn for an extra punch of flavor.
How was everyones halloween? Still eating some leftover starbursts over here. Apparently the starburst people decided to make all pink batches in some fun sized candies. Maybe that is their contribution to 2020. Thank you Starbursts.
Anyways, today I bring you this instant pot buffalo chicken dip which I personally love because it's super easy and doesn't require a ton of dishes!
This buffalo chicken dip uses basic ingredients but with a healthy twist!
- Cauliflower: I used riced cauliflower for this recipe because it was already mulched up and ready to use! You can find this easily in the frozen food vegetable section in most grocery stores. Trader Joe's also has a big bag for $2.50. If you wanted you could take a head of cauliflower and pulse it into little small pieces similar to "rice."
- Cream Cheese: This recipe calls for 1 brick of cream cheese, I always use the neufchatel cheese, which is basically a lower fat version of cream cheese.
- Blue cheese: What is buffalo dip with blue cheese! I love a good blue!
- Franks/ Buffalo sauce: I used the gold standard of Franks red hot. Frank's has a buffalo variety or the red hot variety, feel free to use either.
- Chicken: I used 4 chicken breasts for this recipe, however it makes a lot of dip. If you are just eating it yourself, I would recommend two chicken breasts and cutting the rest of the recipe in half.
- Corn: I decided to add a can of corn into this instant pot buffalo chicken dip because I love corn and I think it goes so well with buffalo! Check out this buffalo chicken salad with quinoa where I used some canned corn too!
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Dip
- Place the chicken breasts into the instant pot and pour in water and riced cauliflower. Set instant pot to cook for 13 minutes.
- Once finished, remove chicken breasts from instant pot and shred. The best and easiest way to shred chicken is in a kitchen aid mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Once chicken is shredded, return to instant pot. Add in cream cheese, franks, canned corn and blue cheese. Stir until full incorporated.
- The cheese will start to melt and the mixture will thicken up. Add more franks if you like it extra hot.
How to make in a Crockpot
Combine all ingredients (except ½ cup of water) into crockpot and set heat to low to cook for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Shred chicken prior to serving.
How to Serve
I love to serve buffalo chicken dip with some celery sticks, tortilla chips or crackers.
You can also serve it in lettuce cups, like Boston lettuce or romaine as a healthy option.
I love to add scallions, more blue cheese and some additional corn on top for color.
Let me know if you love this recipe or if you made any substitutions in the comments below! Leave a rating or star review! It helps me get noticed in this big internet world!Print
This instant pot buffalo chicken dip is great for tailgates, parties and a healthy alternative the ranch heavy version.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 cups rice cauliflower, or 1 large head of cauliflower minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, I used neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 can of corn, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups thawed frozen corn)
- ½-¾ cup buffalo sauce, I used Franks (red hot or buffalo is fine)
- Garnish: Scallions and additional blue cheese crumbles
- Place chicken breasts, riced cauliflower and water into the instant pot. Place lid on instant pot and set manual time to 13 minutes. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- The instant pot will build pressure and then cook for 13 minutes. Once it has finished you may release the steam by turning the valve to venting.
- After the steam has released, remove the chicken breasts and shred. The easiest way to shred chicken is in a kitchen aid mixer with a stainsteel attachment paddle. If you do not have one you can shred with two forks on a plate.
- Place shredded chicken back into the instant pot and add remaining ingredients. Continue to stir until the cheese is full incorporated and melted throughout.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with scallions and additional blue cheese if desired.
I would recommend trying it with ½ cup buffalo sauce first, if you like it hot you can always add more. It will vary depending on the exact size of the chicken breasts.
Crockpot: Combine all ingredients (except ½ cup of water) into crockpot and set heat to low to cook for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Category: Entree, appetizer
- Method: instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot buffalo chicken dip, buffalo chicken dip, crockpot buffalo chicken dip