These baked sweet potato fries with hot honey aioli get way crispier than any frozen French fry. They are also healthier for you being made with limited ingredients and baked to perfection!
These aren’t just any sweet potato fries. They are sweet potato fries with a hot honey aioli! 🔥 In the beginning of my pregnancy I was obsessed with fries and cheese! Anything that was carb-y and cheese-y.
Now I am much more focused on sweet things over savory. I love the subtle sweetness of sweet potatoes. They are so versatile and are easy to bake in the oven.
Are Sweet Potato Fries Healthy?
Sweet potatoes are full of rich nutrients like beta carotene. Some research has shown that an intake of 3-5 grams of fat can increase the amount of beta carotene consumed during a meal.
Along with beta carotene, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamin C, manganese, fiber, potassium and copper. Full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Get Baked Fries Crispy?
The secret to make sure any potato that is baked gets crispy is to not overcrowd them on the sheet pan. If you overcrowd them, you will just be steaming the vegetable.
My second tip for getting crispy homemade sweet potato fries is to let them rest in the oven on the baking sheet after the timer is up. When the timer is up, turn off the oven and open the oven door to cool.
Another tip for getting baked sweet potato fries crispy is to preheat the sheet pan. Place it in the sheet pan while the oven is preheating. When you add the sweet potato fries to the sheet pan you will hear a sizzle and it will start the cooking process early.
How To Make Hot Honey Aioli
The best part about this sauce is that it’s only three simple ingredients.
- Smoked Paprika
- Avocado Oil based Mayo (like Chosen Foods or Sir Kensingtons)
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a star rating/comment/review as it helps me get noticed in this big internet world!
Don’t forget to PIN IT for later!Print
These baked sweet potato fries with hot honey aioli get way crispier than any frozen French fry. They are also healthier being made with limited ingredients and baked to perfection.
- 3–4 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into strips
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- A few good cracks of black pepper
Hot Honey Aioli
- 1/4 cup mayo (I love an avocado oil mayo, like Chosen Foods)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place cut up sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, season with extra virgin olive oil (avocado or grapeseed is fine too!), garlic powder, thyme, salt and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast sweet potatoes at 425F for 15 minutes, stir then cook for another 10-15 minutes until crispy.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, combine ingredients for hot honey aioli in a small bowl, mix to combine.
- Category: side dish
- Method: roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sweet potato fries, hot honey, baked sweet potato fries