These no bake cookie dough bars can be high in protein, gluten free and dairy free! They are a tasty snack or treat that can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
Hope everyone is enjoying their May so far. I just got word that we will be starting work on our kitchen next week, so I might be out of commission for a few days!
I've been snacking on these no bake cookie dough bars and this elote dip straight from the fridge these days. Little baby is 32 weeks this week! Gotta eat up all the snacks I can.
Let's talk about these no bake cookie dough bars.... I love this recipe for multiple reasons. One being that you don't even need a blender, just place everything in a bowl and stir.
Another reason why I love this recipe so much is the fact that it doesn't require any complicated ingredients. The ingredients are basic pantry staples that you probably have on hand already!
- Oat flour: I used oat flour in this recipe and this one too. I normally never buy oat flour because you can just place oatmeal in a blender or food processor and blend until no clumps appear. It normally takes under a minute to become fine particles.
- Protein powder: This ingredient is optional if you want an extra protein boost! Replace half of the oat flour with protein powder. It will change the flavor of the cookie dough bars, but I still enjoyed it! I would recommend using a vanilla protein powder!
- Creamy Peanut Butter: Gah, the best kind, natural creamy peanut butter (I buy mine from Costco!)
- Honey: If your honey has been sitting in your cabinet for a while and has crystallized, just run some hot water over it!
- Coconut oil: This recipe just needs ¼ cup melted.
- Chocolate chips: Optional. To make this dairy free, buy dairy free chocolate chips.
- Vanilla extract: See notes, basically you only need this if you aren't using protein powder!
How to Make Cookie Dough Bars
As I said earlier, if you already have oat flour made, there is no need for a blender or food processor. All you need is a big bowl to mix everything in and an 8 x 8 pan.
After you combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and no clumps appear, place the cookie dough batter in an 8 x 8 pan and spread out to the edges using your hands.
I like to place little chocolate chips on top of the bars and lightly press them in. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 10. Cut into bars and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator (or freezer). They last a long time! I made two batches and they were still good after 3 weeks.
Be sure to check out this video for No Bake Cookie Dough Bars!
Are these Cookie Dough Bars Healthy?
As much as I hate this question, I do get asked if "X is healthy, should I eat it?" These cookie dough bars are made with all natural ingredients that you made from scratch. There are no preservatives, chemicals or artificial colors/flavors (depending if you use protein powder).
These cookie dough bars are healthy in my book and with or without protein powder, contain good wholesome ingredients that are great for a snack or treat.
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a star rating/review below.
Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
These no bake cookie dough bars can be high in protein, gluten free & dairy free! They can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.
- 2 cups oat flour (see note for protein powder)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used natural)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (plus more for sprinkling on top)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Combine oat flour, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Dump cookie dough mixture in an 8x8 pan and spread out to edges using hands.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm. Cut into bars and store in airtight container in fridge or freezer for up to 6 months.
If you want an extra protein boost: You can swap out half of the oat flour for protein powder. I would recommend using a vanilla flavor protein powder. If you do this, omit the vanilla extract.
Oat flour: I always make my own by pulsing or blending oats in a food processor or blender until fine.
- Category: Snack, dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie dough bars, protein cookie dough bars, chocolate chip cookie dough bars, no bake cookie dough bars