This ranch red skin potato salad is made with eggs, bacon, scallions and a light yogurt ranch dressing. The red potatoes are roasted and crispy then tossed in the dressing and toppings for a delicious side dish.
With the end of summer approaching, potato salad is a summer side dish staple recipe that shouldn't be ignored. I've never liked the traditional potato salad, you know the one I'm talking about that's loaded up with mayo and sitting in the deli counter section...no, thank you.
This roasted red skin potato salad is healthier for you being made with a light ranch dressing, having no mayo and turkey bacon.
This ranch potato salad is made with red skin potatoes - my fave! What's your favorite kind of potato? I guess every potato is good for different uses, but I seem to stick to red skin potatoes mostly for recipes.
- About 10 baby red skin potatoes
- Green onions
- Hard boiled eggs
- Turkey bacon (or regular if you want)
- Fresh dill
The Light Ranch Dressing
- Yogurt, greek plain
- 1 tbsp Ranch powder packet
- More fresh dill
How to Properly Clean Red Skin Potatoes
There is nothing worse than eating a salad or vegetable and realizing you didn't clean it well enough. I try and buy organic potatoes when I can, but here are some other tips to properly cleaning red skin potatoes.
- Have a dedicated scrubbing brush for vegetables (that one is only $5 on amazon). This has been a game changer. I store it under the sink and I know that it's just for veggies. I scrub heads of cauliflower with it, potatoes and the outside of melons.
- Try and work the divots out the best you can. I don't always get all of mine out, but I make sure it's clean before slicing.
How to Make Red Potato Salad
First, you will want to clean the red skin potatoes and cut them into eighths. Next, toss them in cooking oil and season with garlic and onion powder.
I like to use avocado oil when roasting vegetables because I feel like it gets the vegetables more crispy and it has a higher melting point than other cooking oils.
If you don't have avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil will work just fine.
Roast the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes at 425F. While the potatoes are roasting, prep the rest of the ingredients.
Having the turkey bacon and hard boiled eggs already made will save you a ton of time.
The light ranch dressing comes together quickly. Place all the ingredients in a mason jar or small bowl and mix to combine. Refrigerate until use.
Once the red potatoes are done cooking, let them cool for 5-10 minutes before tossing them with the other ingredients and dressing.
If you are serving this potato salad at a party, I would recommend tossing everything together and refrigerating it before serving. It allows the flavors to mingle a little before consuming it.
How long is it good for?
I would recommend consuming day of. You can store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Looking for other summer side dishes? Check these out!
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Please leave a star rating/comment below! It helps me get noticed in this big internet world!
Don't forget to PIN IT for later!Print
This ranch red skin potato salad is made with eggs, bacon, scallions and a light yogurt ranch dressing.
Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
- 10 baby red skin potatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 tbsp avocado or EVOO
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Cracked pepper
Potato salad ingredients
- 6 hard boiled eggs, yolks removed in 3 and discarded
- ½ cup turkey bacon, chopped
- ½ tbsp fresh dill
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
Light Ranch Dressing
- ¼ cup greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ranch powder (from packet)
- ½ tbsp fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 425F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Toss red skin potatoes in cooking oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes, stir and cook for another 10 minutes until crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the turkey bacon and hard boiled eggs. Once the hard boiled eggs are cooked, remove 3 whole egg yolks and discard. Place remaining egg yolks and egg whites sliced, into a large bowl.
- Add green onions, cooked turkey bacon and fresh dill to bowl with hard boiled eggs.
- Once the potatoes finish cooking, let them cool for 5-10 minutes before placing them into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together for the light ranch dressing.
- Once the potatoes have cooled, place them in the bowl with the rest of the toppings, add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Side dish
- Method: roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red skin potato salad, red potato salad, ranch potato salad,