This honey mustard sheet pan chicken dinner is healthy and filled with flavor and nutrients! It's a balanced dinner with a lean protein, starch and veggie! Can't lose!
All right, it's January. The kids' school schedules are in full swing. You need something on the dinner in between basketball practice and swim lessons, what do you make? Well, this honey mustard sheet pan chicken dinner has you covered! Everything is cooked on a sheet pan and the clean up is so easy!
Sean and I ate this for lunch one day and had leftovers for dinner that night. If you don't like redskin potatoes, you can easily swap out another starch, like sweet potatoes, regular Yukon potatoes or Idaho. If you don't want a potato, choose broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts or another veggie! The beauty of this dish is that it's pretty versatile and whatever you have in the fridge can be used!
P.S ROASTED GREEN BEANS ARE AMAZING
The honey mustard chicken in this recipe does not get dried out either! It was perfectly moist and you didn't need a knife to cut it!
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken
Making the honey mustard chicken is the easiest part of the recipe! Here are the ingredients you need for the honey mustard sauce.
- dijon mustard
- avocado oil
That's it! Just 5 ingredients and you are golden. Whisk these together in a small bowl and dip each chicken breast into it. It should be pretty thick on the chicken breast (like a sauce) and discard any leftover sauce you didn't use in the bowl.
The recipe is for 2 large(-ish) chicken breasts, so if you are doubling the recipe or making more, double the recipe.
Tip on How to Make the Perfect Sheet Pan Dinner
- Preheat your sheet pan! This started the roasting process a little early. Just set the sheet pan in the oven while it's preheating. You can hear a sizzle when you place the vegetables on it! It's like magic!
- Season your sheet pan before you place vegetables on it. This is a double layering technique. You want to drizzle some avocado or olive oil onto the sheet pan (after it's preheated) before the vegetables go on. Make sense? So that you don't have to toss the vegetables in a separate bowl and season, you can just do it on the sheet pan right then and there.
- Don't overcrowd your vegetables. If you overcrowd the vegetables they won't be roasted, they will just be steamed! Which is OK sometimes, but really not what we're going for in this honey mustard sheet pan chicken dinner. If you are doubling this recipe for meal prep or for a larger group of people, use two sheet pans.
Love Sheet Pan Recipes?
Want to make this sheet pan chicken? Pin it for later!Print
Honey Mustard Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings 1x
This honey mustard sheet pan chicken dinner is healthy and filled with flavor and nutrients. The honey mustard sauce is only 5 ingredients & easy clean up.
- 2 cups (or 2-3 large handfuls) green beans, washed and ends trimmed off
- 4-6 red skin potatoes, cubed into 1" pieces
- 2 large chicken breasts (enough for 4 servings)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or EVOO) + more for drizzling
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked pepper
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup +1 tbsp avocado oil (or EVOO)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- cracked pepper
Garnish: Parsley, squeeze of lemon (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425F and place sheet pan in oven to preheat.
- Whisk together ingredients for honey mustard sauce in a small bowl.
- Remove sheet pan from oven using a hot pad and place in a safe area. Drizzle 2 tbsp avocado oil on the bare sheet pan. Season half of the sheet pan with 1 tbsp garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Carefully place trimmed green beans and cubed red skin potatoes on the seasoned part of the sheet pan. Drizzle more avocado oil on top of the green beans and potatoes along with remaining garlic powder, salt and cracked pepper. Loosely toss around using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Next, dip each chicken breast into the honey mustard sauce and carefully place on the sheet pan. Discard any remaining honey mustard sauce.
- Place the sheet pan back into the oven and roast for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir the potatoes and green beans and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and fresh lemon juice as desired!
- If your chicken breasts are thick, you might want to butterfly them before placing them on the sheet pan.
- Along those same lines, if your chicken breasts are thicker, you might need to adjust cooking times to thoroughly cook.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sheet pan dinner, chicken sheet pan dinner, healthy sheet pan dinner, honey mustard chicken
Leave a Reply